Monday 12 March 2018

What's it all about?

I want to outline some research questions and objectives in order to give my blog some context. Firstly, before starting my analysis of food within any of my primary texts, I need to make sure I have outlined what type of fantasy genre each novel is. This is because the uses of different fantasy genres will have an affect on the authors narrative choices, so it is very important to identify this firstly and build my analysis from here.

I would then like to consider the following questions with regards to fantasy fiction:
1)How is food used to instil fear into young readers of fantasy novels?
2)How is food used as an object of trust within an unknown land?
3)How is food used similarly and/or altered in fantasy realms?
4)How is food used as a weapon of control and order in a world where the rules are unbeknown to our society?

Finally, I would like to draw on secondary criticism, whether it is regarding fantasy fiction or the use of food to strengthen my analysis and help demonstrate why food in fantasy fiction can tell us so much more than what meets the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment